2014 Tax Filing Deadlines
On or Before…
January 15, 2014
- Pay the balance of your 2013 estimated tax.
February 1, 2014
- Make sure you have received a Form W-2 from each employer for
whom you worked in 2013.
- Make sure have received all 1009’s for any contract work you were compensated for.
- Make sure you have received all 1099’s for any interest, dividend , RMD withdrawals.
April 15, 2014
- File your 2013 tax return and pay the balance of any tax due.
- You may file Form 4868 to obtain an automatic six-month filing extension (this is not, however, an
extension for payment of taxes due!).
- Pay the first installment of your 2014 estimated tax.
June 16, 2014
- Pay the second installment of your 2014 estimated tax.
September 15, 2014
- Pay the third installment of your 2014 estimated tax.
October 15, 2014
- File your 2013 return if you received an automatic six-month
filing extension using Form 4868.
December 31, 2014
- Last day for the self-employed to establish a Keogh plan for 2014.
This report should not be used as a substitute for professional advice from an attorney, accountant or other qualified financial professional.