Post “fiscal cliff” tax rates are available on this handy chart to help with your tax planning and preparation.

Update: Roth IRA Enhancement strategy post.

If you would like a copy of this tax chart emailed to you, let me know by confidentially leaving your email here.

Tags: , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Post Fiscal Cliff – 2013 Federal Income Tax Rates for Individuals

1. john on January 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Thanks for the info. My tax preparer refused to give this information.

2. antionette jennings on January 18, 2013 at 7:21 pm

so when exactly do we file taxes & when do we actually get the money back because im hearing alot of different stories that we have to wait until feburary 21st to get our money back so can somebody please explain this to me so that i can completely understand thank you.

Tim Barton on January 28, 2013 at 11:46 am

It is my understanding all tax due dates are the same this year as in the past. As far as tax refunds are concerned I am reading and hearing those too will be processed much like in the past. I have no inside information.

3. CHRISSY PEREZ on February 14, 2013 at 11:59 am

I HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF PEOPLE TELL ME THAT AFTER AGE 65 YOU ARE NO LONGER TAX LIABLE. IS THIS TRUE? SAY IF MY RETURN STATES THAT MY FEDERAL TAX DUE IS $15,000.00 I DON’T OWE THEM ANY OF THAT MONEY? OR AM I MISUNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT?

Tim Barton on February 15, 2013 at 10:16 am

If you have income at or after age 65 you must file a tax return and if that income is taxable you must pay the tax. In your example you must the $15,000 tax.
      There are ways reduce retirement income taxation by using income annuities and taking advantage of their exclusionary ratio.

• Ira Rubin on May 1, 2013 at 1:17 pm

totally incorrect. If you have taxable income, you are subject to income tax until you pass on.

4. Ed Sowa on March 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Am I required to take distributions from my U S Savings Bonds for the years after I become age 701/2?

Tim Barton on March 9, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Only if those bonds are used to fund a traditional IRA.