The fact of the matter is you’re the only one who can decide what to do with your earning power and, by extension, with your life. The two are inextricably linked.
Decisions on what you want to do with your earning power come from answering questions such as:
- Where do I want to live?
- Do I want to own my own home? Where? What kind of home? Will I live there in retirement?
- What kind of lifestyle do I want to have? Vacations? Entertainment and leisure activities? Automobile choices?
- Do I want to start my own business some day?
- Do I want to pay the bill for my kids to attend college? Public or private? Will I have enough time before my retirement to pay off the debt?
- Do I want to reach an age by which I can afford to stop working if I want?
- Do I want to live strictly for today…strictly for tomorrow…or enjoy today while still providing for tomorrow?
If you think of life as a journey, answers to questions such as these become your destinations on the journey.
You may ask questions in the comments or contact me privately Tim Barton, ChFC